Tuesday, January 9, 2018

another author reaps Trump manna

And you thought people who read books might be smarter than a box of rocks?!
When it was released 10 years ago, Randall Hansen’s book performed as expected, racking up strong sales that gradually tapered off. But this week the Canadian professor’s unexpectedly leapt back on to bestseller lists.
2008 book
The reason lies in the book’s name – Fire and Fury: The Allied Bombing of Germany, 1942-1945 – just a subtitle away from the Michael Wolff’s explosive exposĂ© of the Trump White House....“It amused me and part of me thought, can people really be that dumb to be confusing these books?” [Hansen asked]
In a few cases, it appeared that this was exactly what had happened.
 

1 comment:

  1. My brain is so forgetful, but I remember back in the seventies, a pop/rock artist became popular and when asked what their sons and daughters wanted for their birthday/christmas this was asked for. But there was another pop artist with a similar name whose sales skyrocketed due to parental confusion. If I ever remember the names I'll post again, not that it's important to verify. But I remember the whole thing amused me, and I'd like to have a more complete memory of it.

    ReplyDelete